Today is my dad's birthday.
Reasons why he is so great:
1. He lives and breathes all thing golf. He works at a golf course. He golfed nearly every day this summer. And he practices his putting skills at home in the living room whilst wearing red slippers. That's dedication.
2. He puts up with our chatter. Raising three girls (on his own for the last 11 years, I might add) has to be such a pain in the butt. He just takes it all in stride, nodding and commenting when appropriate when all of us chat his ears off. He's an excellent listener.
3. He always gives good advice. He's like a wise owl.
4. He's always down for eating ice cream. I kid you not, we have ice cream every night at his house. If we're out, we have to go buy some. We're a bunch of diabetics waiting to happen.
5. He has a holiday named after him: Hanksgiving. For those of you who are clueless about Hanksgiving, check this out. It's a Schiller tradition. And yes, we invented it before New Girl.
We love you, Dad. Thanks for being so great.
Hope you're eating ice cream tonight on your birthday.