Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Niki Flash


You guys. I ran six miles- WITHOUT STOPPING. I know this is probably not a big deal for a lot of you who are my pro athlete friends (ahem, Morgan), but this was a pretty huge deal for me.

Every year, Austin holds the Capitol 10K, a race with music at every mile stop. I didn't participate last year, but joined my co-workers this year with a goal of running the whole thing. I probably should've prepared with some kind of training program a couple months in advance. You know, start actually running outside or something.

My training involved Robbie making me run 1.5 miles two times the week before the race. I had to stop to walk both times. I'm a wimp.

I think my competitive side got the best of me on race day and I didn't stop running the entire 10K. When you see moms running with their kids in strollers or someone who could be your great grandmother passing you, you can't help but put a little pep in your step.

I'm proud to say I ran an 11 minute mile (speed demon, I know) and finished the race in an hour and ten minutes. Robbie kicked my butt and ran it in under an hour, around 52 minutes.

Somebody sign me up for a marathon.

P.S. Does anyone get the name of my title? Name where that comes from and I will love you forever.

2 comments: