Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 11, 2013

Hunting & crafting


This weekend Robbie went hunting, which meant I had a lot of time to myself. I did a little bit of reading, crafting and sewing.



When Robbie got home on Sunday, he filled our freezer with pig meat. Gross!

I was slightly grossed out when we were bagging up the meat he brought home and I'm not really sure what it'll taste like when we eat it. Let's change that to IF we eat it. Aside from being kind of grossed out, I was also pretty impressed that Robbie shot a pig, cleaned it and brought home meat to eat. In a weirdly unexpected way, I'm really proud of him. And then he showed me the picture of the pig he shot (I'll spare you the pictures) and it was cute and spotted, which made me sad. Hunting is too hard on my emotions. I can't be grossed out, proud and sad all at the same time. I think I'll let Robbie do the hunting and I'll stick to my crafting.


Had to throw in a picture of the meat. Please be impressed that I could (barely) hold this leg up with one hand. This sucker is heavy.


1 comment:

  1. Do you sew clothes?? I'm always totally impressed by that since I haven't really ventured past straight lines! I did make a little sheep costume for our son for Halloween, seen here: http://themurrayedlife.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-halloween-that-takes-cake.html
    but the fabric was totally forgiving and hid all mistakes. I don't think I could pull of a dress in that too well...

    ReplyDelete