Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 28, 2013

God bless Texas... and its museums


Robbie and I had a very educational weekend.

It's amazing the difference in what you learn based on where you grow up. Growing up in California, I learned all about the California missions, California agriculture (Riversidians representing the oranges- woot!), California 's gold rush, California's Native Americans...

I had seen a movie called The Alamo and I knew that Texas was once its own republic, but I didn't know jack until I checked out the museum. I didn't know anything about Sam Houston and Stephen Austin or anything really at all about Texas history. I've even lived here, in Texas's capitol, for an entire year without knowing Texas's true story.

I'm so ashamed.

So Robbie took me out on a lovely date on a rainy Saturday afternoon to the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum to learn all about Texas. We made it through an IMAX movie and about two floors before we were starving. Don't worry, we'll go back to learn about the third floor of Texas's history. It's on the books.

We must've went on butterfly day because there were a thousand kids at the museum making butterfly crafts, waiting to see a 3D IMAX movie about butterflies. We were tempted to check it out, but Robbie drew the line at having a butterflies painted on our faces. We decided it a Texas history only kind of day, not a butterfly day.

I highly recommend checking out this museum. It's really interactive and has a ton of cool information and artifacts to check out. Bob, we'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment