Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little trip to the oasis

The boys and I took a little adventure this weekend. We headed to The Oasis at Lake Travis. I feltright at home. The rolling hills and the lake reminded me a lot of San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay.

A pretty water tower:


The Oasis was more like a little village at the top of Lake Travis. The restaurant itself is enormous. Four stories against a cliff overlooking the water. Gorgeous. Our waitress told us that 2500 people would fill the restaurant. Then there are little sweet shops and a souvenir store to check out.


Our view right from where we were sitting. I loved the little diver girl sculpture.


A couple margaritas:


The boys being goofy. There were pretty signs like this everywhere.


Isn't the view beautiful?!



This beauty was in the souvenir shop.


This map was pretty clever. I love how Texas covers up southern California.


Oasis, we'll be back.


1 comment: